Would you look into the future if you could? What would you choose to look at? Would you want to know about big life altering things like family changes, career changes, or... dare I say it...death?
Or would you want to know things like, "Do I ever visit Europe?", "Will it be sunny for our picnic Sunday?", or "How awesome will the St. Louis Cardinals inevitably be next year?"
I don't think that I would choose to look into the future if I had the opportunity, for a myriad of reasons.
1. I like surprises, and I am not very good at faking surprise.
2. I would only become unfocused on the here & now, so I would not get much done.
3. Assuming that we would not be able to alter the future events, this would not do any good.
4. I don't think it is what God intended. Unless God was showing me the future. Then, I would pay attention.
Now, if someone were to force me to look at some future event, I would choose to view things like what I will choose to order at some restaurant or what I will fix for dinner next Tuesday. I don't like to make these types of decisions, so it would be helpful to have a heads up.
So, although we cannot know future events for certain, here are some things that I am looking forward to probably getting to do in the near future.
1. Finishing our painting projects. Next, entry room. Then, dining room. Goal-by Thanksgiving.
2. Thanksgiving!
3. Making a Guitar Hero chick band with my friend Emily.
4. Starting Julie & my new book club. Reading is fun!
5. Bumblebee Josiah for Halloween.
Highlight of my week: Finishing the living room painting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I like figuring surprises out, even though I like when people surprise me. It's fun either way. I hope to see pics of Bumblebee Josiah soon!!
Post a Comment